Advantages over traditional EC technology such as:
- No harmful effects to the environment
- No harmful chemicals
- Improved overall degradation rate (nitrogen, phosphate, etc)
- Reduced aeration costs
- Exact control of oxygen content into aeration process
- Treats diverse streams of wastewater without system plugging or blinding
- Lower maintenance when compared to standard EC units
- Higher flow rates can be achieved In a small footprint design
- Much lower operating cost. Our design uses very low voltages, providing big savings to the customer.
Electro-coagulation has several advantages over conventional treatment methods. Electrocoagulation changes the particle surface charge as we change the
electric double layer minimizing the Zeta-potential to the point where coagulations of particles occur very fast, forming very stable and robust colloids that precipitate
out solution with ease. This allows for a broad range of treatment parameters, and eliminates costly chemical processing. Lets take a more precise look at the advantages:
Producing new active sites (centers) for larger particles to react. This helps to reduce TSS (Total Suspended Solids)
Hydrogen and Oxygen formed by electrolysis attack the water receptor sites in oils and greases, destabilizing the molecules and causing them to precipitate out of solution. Electrocoagulation is a very effective way to separate oil and grease.
The active metal eroded by the electrocoagulation process is highly charged and therefore can bind to chlorides or halogens that are attached to hydrocarbon molecules. Once the heavy metal is bound it can cause separation (precipitation) of toxic compounds such as pesticides, herbicides, PCBs etc.
This is a process where the products of electrolysis (Oxygen in particular) and electric current induced into the solution can oxidize dyes, cyanides and bacteria.
The current inside the electrolytic cell can also induce oxidation-reduction reactions in the anode and cathode depending on the Electrode Potential of each species in solution. For example the reduction of hexavalent chromium to trivalent and then precipitating together with the metallic hydroxides produced is one example of these reactions. Electrocoagulation is the only treatment process that can treat hexavalent chromium directly and without aggressive chemical pH adjustment.
The treatment applications of our patented technology are vast and diverse. Below is a comprehensive table of industries, processes and environments where Tesla Water’s Ultrasonic Coagulation device may be efficiently and reliably applied:
- Pulp Industry
- Dye/ink (Fluorescent Penetrant Dyes)
- Land Field Leachates
- Nitrogen removal
- Metal processing (heavy metals in General and specifically hexavalent chromium)
- Food Process waste effluent
- Oil and Grease
- Reduction of Total Suspended Solids
- Textile Industry
- Waste Water Treatment
- Desalination and heavy metal removal
- Destruction of organic contaminants
- Destruction of residual hormonal
- Industrial Water Treatment
- Bottle rinsing
- General Amenities Water Supply
- Abattoir waste water discharge
- Irrigation water supply
- Rural drinking water
- Destruction organic contaminants
- Potable Water Treatment